Most people begin therapy because they want to feel better. The good news is that over 50 years of scientific research have proven talk therapy to be an effective means of treating stress and other mental health concerns such as anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, grief, bipolar disorder, and drug and alcohol addiction. The most recent research has begun to identify which types of therapy are best for each problem, making therapy a more beneficial endeavor than ever before.
We are informed by the most current research in developing a personalized treatment suited to each individual we work with that draws on our experience with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Mindfulness based therapies.
We specialize in the following areas:
- Depression, Bipolar, and other mood disorders
- Panic and other anxiety disorders
- Alcoholism and drug addictions
- Stress management
- Family conflict
- Sexual identity and gender identity
- Career and job-related concerns
- Trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Parent coaching